Treat your body to healthy, delicious, and relaxing spa-style smoothies in your own home. Try Taste for Life’s Be Green Smoothie and a mood-enhancing mango smoothie from Gary Null’s The Joy of Juicing. (Both are vegan!)
Be Green Smoothie
From the Taste for Life test kitchen
10 minutes prep time Serves 2
- 1/4 honeydew melon, cut into chunks
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 c pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 scoop of your favorite greens powder
- In a blender combine all ingredients.
- Process until smooth. Serve immediately.
Mango Mood Enhancer
From The Joy of Juicing, 3rd Edition by Gary Null, PhD ($18, Avery, 2013)
Makes 3-3 1/2 cups
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 c vanilla-flavored rice milk
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 eight-ounce container lemon-flavored nondairy yogurt
- 400 mg magnesium
- 120 mg ginkgo biloba
- 16-20 ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.