Prep time: 1 hour | Serves 6
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 large regular potatoes
- 8 oz. salmon fillet, cooked and diced or the same amount of smoked salmon
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped dill
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 oz. heavy cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying.
- Peel and cut the potatoes to large chunks. Boil the potatoes, strain and mash them. Add the garlic powder, fresh dill, diced salmon and salt and pepper, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the panko and regular breadcrumbs with the Parmesan cheese and put the mixture in a plate. Place the eggs mixture in a bowl and the flour in another plate.
- Form oval shaped croquettes from the potato and salmon mixture and dredge them in the flour, then dip them in the eggs and roll them in the breadcrumbs to coat them completely.
- Deep-fry the salmon croquettes for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Put the croquettes on tissue paper for 1 minute after frying to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the salmon croquettes immediately.