Courtesy of the American Institute for Cancer Research,
- 1/2 c quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
- 2 1/2 c low-fat, organic milk
- 1 c whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 medium, organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Canola oil spray
- In medium bowl, combine oats and milk. Stir to blend and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend well.
- Add eggs and vanilla to oat mixture. Stir to blend and add to dry mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moist. Do not over mix.
- Spray large frying pan with oil spray and preheat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan for each pancake.
- Cook, turning when bubbles appear on the surface and bottom is browned.