From United Cakes of America by Warren Brown
Serves 12 | preparation: 30 minutes | bake time: 50 minutes
- 4 c apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c canola oil*
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan or tube pan.
- Beat oil and eggs together until frothy on top. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
- Sift flour salt, baking soda and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Slowly add flour mixture to egg mixture. Continue mixing gently until combined.
- Fold in diced apples.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake on wire rack. Serve with a dusting of confectioners' sugar.