Egg-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
40 minutes prep time | Makes 72 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted margarine
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp light molasses
- 4 Tbsp Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu, puréed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 oz. (2 cups) chocolate chips
- 1. Position 2 racks in center of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2. Cream margarine, sugar and molasses with electric beaters or in heavy-duty mixer until light and fluffy. Add tofu purée and vanilla; beat for 1 more minute.
- 3. Mix flours, soda and salt in small bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix at low speed with the electric mixer or lightly with a rubber spatula, blending in all flour. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.