From The Wheat-Free Cook by Jacqueline Mallorca
30 minutes prep time | Makes about 20
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c brown rice flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. (If using only one baking sheet, cool under running water and dry before reusing, as sheet must be cold.)
- Using a wooden spoon, cream butter until smooth.
- Beat in peanut butter, then egg.
- Add brown sugar, rice flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to blend.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts. Dough should be soft and sticky. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. (Use a second tablespoon to shape dough into a ball and to dislodge it from first tablespoon.)
- Bake until golden and just set, 12 to 15 minutes. Let stand on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Per serving: 148 Calories, 3 g Protein, 12 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 11 g Total fat, 68 mg Sodium