4 cups self-rising flour
16 ozs yogurt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
3 quarts canola oil for frying
1) Combine flour, eggs, yogurt, sugar, salt and vanilla sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2) Let the dough sit for 30 minutes, it will rise.
3) Form the dough into balls with 2 inch diameters.
4) Heat the oil to 365 degrees F (190 degrees C) in a large pot (or deep fryer) over high heat.
5) Deep fry the dough in the oil.
6) Let the suphganiot cool and drain on paper towels.
7) Top with powdered sugar.
*Tip: It is best to use a basket or slotted spoon for deep frying the suphganiot as the oil will be extremely hot.