2 lb chicken breast
2 green bell peppers
2 carrots, peeled
2 Tbsp sherry or rice vinegar
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp minced ginger
11/2 c shredded romaine lettuce (make sure lettuce is completely dry or the stir-fry will braise)
1. Place chicken in the freezer for 30 minutes so it will be easier to cut into thin slices. Remove meat from freezer and place on a cutting board. Place one hand on top of chicken to steady it. Using a sharp knife with your other hand, carefully slice breast in half horizontally, stopping when there’s about 1/4 inch of breast left to cut through. Open both sides until they are lying flat. Lightly pound meat with a rolling pin or small mallet until thickness of meat is uniform throughout. Slice meat into 1/2 X 2-inch strips. Set meat aside.
2. Chop peppers into 1/2 X 2-inch strips and carrots into ¼ X 2-inch strips. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together sherry, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Set mixture aside.
4. In a wok or large saute pan, heat vegetable oil. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add green peppers and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir-fry for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Add soy sauce mixture and lettuce. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Serve over steamed brown rice with additional soy sauce or sweet chili sauce on the side, if desired.