Roasted Wild Salmon with Olive and Mint Vinaigrette
From The Longevity Kitchen by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson ($29.99, Ten Speed Press, 2013)
10 minutes prep time | Serves 4
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 (4 oz) wild salmon fillets, pinbones removed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c Olive and Mint Vinaigrette
- Put olive oil, lemon zest, and mustard in a small bowl and stir to combine. Put salmon in an ovenproof baking pan in which it fits in a single layer without overlapping. Spread olive oil mixture evenly over both sides of fillets. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove salmon from refrigerator and add water. Sprinkle salt over fillets and season with pepper. Bake just until an instant-read thermometer registers 127°, approximately 7 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets. Salmon should be opaque and beginning to flake.
- Whisk the already made Olive and Mint Vinaigrette to ensure that it’s evenly blended. Drizzle over fillets and serve immediately.