6 medium-sized red, yellow or orange bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 pound ground turkey
2 cups cooked rice, preferably brown
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 14 ounce can Italian stewed tomatoes, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3) Add the garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally. until softened.
4) While the onions are cooking, wash the bell peppers and slice off a bit of the bottom so they sit flat.
5) Cut off the tops about a half inch down from the stem - remove the seeds and white membrane.
6) Add the turkey to the pan.
7) When fully cooked through, add cooked rice, cumin, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
8) Stir well to combine.
9) Add the canned tomatoes and stir well. Remove from heat.
10) Place the peppers in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and stuff with the meat mixture.
11) Drizzle tops and sides of each pepper with olive oil. Return the peppers' tops and cover tightly with foil.
12) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Per Serving: Calories: 274 Fat: 9.9g Carbohydrate: 26.3g (Dietary Fiber: 4g Sugars: 0.8g) Protein: 21g Cholesterol: 67g Sodium: 112g