This cold salad has an interesting combination of textures and is topped with an easy homemade Wasabi Dressing.
- 1 c Lundberg Black Pearl rice cooked according to directions and cooled.
- 1 c cooked fava or lima beans
- 2 c cooked, shelled edamame
- ½ c red bell pepper, diced small
- ½ c chopped water chestnuts
- ¼ c orange juice
- ¼ c rice vinegar
- 2½ tsp wasabi paste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Combine the Wasabi Vinaigrette ingredients and blend thoroughly with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled rice, edamame, lima beans and the red bell pepper. Pour the dressing over the Lundberg Black Pearl Rice, add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least an hour. To keep the water chestnuts white and crisp, add just before serving.
About Lundberg Family Farms®
Lundberg Family Farms® is a family-owned and operated business whose passion is producing gourmet rice products while respecting and sustaining the earth. From the gourmet rice varieties and convenient boxed meals to gluten-free alternatives and tasty snacks, they have something for everyone.
For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free soy sauce in the vinaigrette.
Per serving: Calories: 320, Total Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 510mg, Total Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 7g, Protein: 10g