Makes 2 servings
1/2 cup currants, or plump raisins
1 apple cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 to 6 oz. breakfast-sausage patties, cut into 1/2 " cubes
1 Tablespoon sweet curry powder
1 Tablespoon smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cups water
4 oz. spring salad mix
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tomato, cut into wedges
1. Combine apple and currants into lemon juice, set aside.
2. Heat saute pan to medium then add a tablespoon or so of olive oil. Add your sausage and brown for 2 - 5 minutes.
3. Create sauce . To your browned sausage add curry powder and peanut butter followed by 1 & 1/2 cups water and reduce at high heat for about 1-2 minutes. Then turn off flame and let it set. (Do not over-reduce sauce as to cause dryness.)
4. While curried sausage cools somewhat , rinse and dress your spring mix with the olive oil 7 vinegar and add tomato wedges
5. Final composition. Equally distribute your curried sausage first, this is your base. Add your spring mix, followed by a beautiful arrangement of your apple and tomato wedges in a scheme you find attractive. Then garnish the dish with your last remaining ingredient - the currants or raisins.
6. Prepare to thoroughly enjoy yourself.
Helpful tips: Try to moderate the vinegar in the dressing as the acids from the juice can be sufficient in making a complete flavor. The goal is to wet the leaves not the rest of the plate. Eat with good company.