Taste for Life test kitchen
- 4 c mixed salad greens
- 1 (15 oz) can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can solid white tuna, drained and flaked with a fork
- ½ c pitted Kalamata olives
- ¼ of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Tuscan Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Lemon wedges
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- ¾ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, toss greens with beans, tuna, olives, onion, and tomato. Set aside.
- Make Tuscan Vinaigrette. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over salad. Toss again.
- Serve immediately with a few lemon wedges.
- Whisk together vinegar and oil.
- Add shallot, garlic, and basil. Mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.