Reprinted with permission from Whatever Happened to Sunday Dinner? © 2012 by Lisa Caponigri, Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co. Photographs by Guy Ambrosino.
What You Need
- 2⁄3 c hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 c hazelnut oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio, leaves torn
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 endive, cut across into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 ripe pears, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool. Then, with your fingers rub the skins off the hazelnuts. Roughly chop the nuts.
- Whisk hazelnut oil and vinegar together well in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place radicchio, lettuce, and endive in a large salad bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat greens. Add pear wedges, gorgonzola cheese, and hazelnuts.