Red and Golden Beet Salad
From the Taste for Life test kitchen
25 minutes prep time Serves 4
- 1/2 lb golden beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 lb red beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 c chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Carefully place beets into a steamer set over boiling water. Cover and steam until beets are tender when pierced with a fork, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove beets from heat. Transfer to a large glass bowl and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Season beets with salt and pepper to taste. Top with goat cheese, parsley, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.