Fair-Trade Turkey Wraps with Mango and Curried Mayonnaise
From the American Institute for Cancer Research, www.aicr.org
20 minutes prep time Serves 4
- 2 tsp curry powder*
- 1/2 c fat-free or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 8 oz thinly sliced turkey
- 4 c finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 c thinly sliced seeded, peeled cucumber
- 1 ripe mango*, peeled, pitted, and chopped (about 1 c) or 1 c mango chutney
- 1 ripe avocado*, peeled, pitted, and cut into 8 thin slices
- Heat curry powder, stirring constantly, in a small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill, covered, until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, place one tortilla on a work surface. Spread with about 1/4 of the curried mayonnaise. Place 1/4 of the turkey in the center. Top with 1/4 of the lettuce, 1/4 of the cucumber, and 1/4 of the mango or mango chutney. Top with 2 avocado slices.
- Roll up like a burrito. Repeat process for remaining tortillas. Serve or make up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerate, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap. Bring to room temperature before serving.
*Look for fair trade–certified varieties of this product.