From the Taste for Life test kitchen
20 minutes prep time + 40 minutes bake time
What You Need
- 4 sweet potatoes (approximately 2–3 lb total)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts finely chopped
- 3 c finely chopped kale
- 3/4 c lowfat milk, or unsweetened plain soymilk, rice milk, or coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork,
approximately 40 minutes.
2. Let potatoes cool to the touch. Split in half lengthwise. Scoop flesh out with a spoon, being careful to keep skins intact. Refrigerate skins for later use in Twice-Baked Potatoes recipe.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until softened, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale and sauté an additional 3 minutes.
4. Transfer leek and kale mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add cooked sweet potato flesh. Using a hand mixer or handheld potato masher, blend mixture with milk until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or reserve mixture for later use.
Per serving: 268 Calories, 6 g Protein, 47 g Carbohydrates, 7 g Fiber, 7 g Total fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono, 1 g poly), 137 mg Sodium, Extraordinary source of Vitamin A, C, K, Top source of Vitamin B6, Copper, Manganese, Excellent source of Pantothenic acid, Good source of Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), Magnesium, Molybde-num, Phosphorus, Fair source of Vitamin B3 (niacin), Folate, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Zinc