6 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup orzo
2 cooked chicken-breast halves, shredded
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1) Place the broth and orzo in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
3) Add the chicken. Remove the soup from heat and cover.
4) In a separate bowl: Whisk the eggs and lemon juice in a medium bowl until frothy.
5) Slowly add 1 cup hot chicken broth to the lemon and eggs, whisking continually.
6) Slowly stir the warmed eggs into the soup.
7) Ladle soup into bowls. Serve immediately with a slice of lemon.
Tip: the key is to SLOWLY mix the broth and eggs so that the eggs do not scramble