Courtesy of The National Chicken Council
45 minutes prep time Serves 6 to 8
2 Tbsp olive oil
11/2 lb chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 Spanish onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
11/2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp garam masala
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp brown sugar
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 c low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 c raisins
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1 can (14.5 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Cooked rice, optional
1) In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2) When hot, add chicken and stir.
3) Saute, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is browned on all sides.
4) Add green pepper, onions, and garlic.
5) Stir and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add chili powder, garam masala, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and brown sugar. Saute, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
6) Add tomatoes, stock, raisins, and vinegar.
7) Stir, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
8) Add beans, stir, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until beans are heated through. Serve (over rice, if desired) garnished with chopped parsley.