Don't you hate how traditional salty snack foods—chips, pretzels, popcorn—can completely unravel a perfectly good day of healthy eating? Well, now you can have your salty snack without the guilt!
Teeny-tiny garbanzo beans pack loads of fiber and protein and leave you feeling full, and the heat generated from red chili pepper flakes has been rumored to boost metabolism. Toasted and seasoned, these beans have just enough kick and crunch to satisfy any snack craving!
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Pat chickpeas dry with a paper towel. Discard any skins that peel off.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add chickpeas. Stir until beans are evenly coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once.