Olive and Mint Vinaigrette
From The Longevity Kitchen by Rebecca Katz with Mat Edelson ($29.99, Ten Speed Press, 2013)
10 minutes prep time | Makes 3/4 cup
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c Kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- Put lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and shallot in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking all the while and continue whisking until smooth.
- Add olives and mint. Transfer to a small container with a fitted lid and shake well.