Baking meatballs makes cooking easy – no standing over the skillet turning! Serve over whole grain pasta for added nutritional benefits.
Prep time: 15 minutes, cook time: 25 minutes | Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 40 Blue Diamond Hint of Sea Salt Nut Thins or Artisan Multi-seed Nut Thins
- 1 (20-oz.) package lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/3 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes (preferably smoked)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning or basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place Blue Diamond Nut Thins in a bag and crush with a rolling pin or meat mallet to make fine crumbs.
3. Mix remaining ingredients well, add in crushed Nut Thins and mix with your hands.
4. Shape into 24 meatballs and place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Cook for 25 minutes.
6. Serve over hot cooked pasta with marinara sauce, if desired.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 240, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 420mg, Potassium: 72mg, Carbohydrates: 15g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 23g, Vitamin A: 4%, Vitamin C: 4%, Calcium: 20%, Iron: 10%
More from May is Gluten Free Awareness Month
OKAY, SO YOU KNOW WHOLE GRAINS ARE GOOD FOR YOU, BUT WHAT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GLUTEN?Read more
Gluten-free foods are generating a lot of buzz lately. To sort it all out, here are several frequently asked questions.Read more
CELIAC DISEASE WREAKS HAVOC ON THE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM—AND ON HEALTH.Read more