Take Control of Blood Pressure
- losing weight: he suggests walking outdoors, since the vitamin D from sunshine can help lower blood pressure too
- cutting out alcohol and caffeine
- supplementing with calcium, magnesium, potassium, coenzyme Q10, and vitamins A, C, and D
- Garlic. Numerous studies have shown the health benefits of garlic, including its potential for preventing heart disease. In a recent study, aged garlic extract appeared to boost the effectiveness of antihypertension medicine in a group of people with treated but uncontrolled hypertension.
- Mushrooms. Oyster, maitake, and agaricus mushrooms and their extracts are among those that appear to help regulate blood pressure.
- Fish oil. The omega-3 fatty acids in fish and fish oils have substantial positive effects on cardiovascular health. Reducing blood pressure is one of the many benefits.