Number of Servings:
Paleo Lunches and Breakfasts On the Go by Diana Rodgers, NTP ($19.99, Page Street Publishing, 2013)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 can (14-oz) hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 2 large avocadoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 large tomato, diced or 1 pt cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 c mache lettuce or Boston lettuce leaves, torn
- 8 oz grilled wild shrimp, seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little lime juice
- To make dressing, combine garlic, cilantro, basil, lemon juice, orange juice, and salt in a blender. Slowly add olive oil and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced hearts of palm with avocado, red onion, lettuce, and tomato.
- Toss with dressing right before serving. If bringing to the office, pack lettuce separately from dressed avocadoes, onion, and hearts of palm. Assemble at the office. You can top with the grilled shrimp or serve it on the side if you like.