If you’re looking to keep your heart healthy, the best exercise program includes daily activity. Try aerobic, weight training, and flexibility exercises. Aim to be physically active most days for at least 30 minutes, with vigorous exercise for 20 minutes at least three days a week if possible.
Try these activities:
* Walk a dog—it’s good for both your hearts.
* Instead of checking e-mail at lunchtime, take a brisk walk.
* Skip escalators and elevators; take the stairs for a heart-pumping workout.
* Vacuum, clean, weed the lawn—yard chores and housework count!
* Forget circling the mall lot looking for a space. Park farther away and get a longer walk.