What You Need
- 3 Tbsp rice flour
- ¾ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ c unsweetened plain almond milk, divided
- 1 Tbsp dairy-free margarine, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dairy-free whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan off heat, combine the rice flour, sugar, and salt until well mixed. Add ¼ cup of almond milk and place the saucepan over medium-low heat, mixing well to dissolve the rice flour and sugar.
- Add the remaining almond milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and whisk in the dairy-free margarine and vanilla until completely incorporated.
- Transfer pudding to heatproof bowl or serving dishes, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve cold with a dollop of dairy-free whipped topping.