Number of Servings:
- 1 cup canned low-sodium plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup low-sodium tomato puree
- 1 cup chopped watermelon (seedless)
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade (cut into thin strips)
- Garnish: Four sprigs of fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend well.
- Before serving, garnish each bowl with a sprig of fresh basil.
To make Zest
Using a grater or microplane, shave off the peel of an orange to make ½ teaspoon of shavings. The shavings are your zest, which add strong, wonderfully citrus flavor to foods. Use only the colored part of the peel, not the bitter white pith beneath.
Nutrition Info: Per Serving: 35 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1g protein, 2g fiber, 15mg sodium.