What You Need
- 2 lb bottom round, well trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 1 large onions, diced (2 c)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 pound potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 c baby carrots
- 2 stalks of celery - chopped
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Coat the beef in the flour. Heat a few tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meat, a few pieces at a time, adding more oil as necessary.
Transfer to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
Add the onions and celery to the skillet and cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and coat the onions and celery; transfer to the slow cooker.
Pour the water into the skillet and scrape - add minxture to the slow cooker
Stir the potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, thyme, and bay leaf in to the slow cooker
Cover and cook on low heat for 7 1/2 hours, or on high for 4 hours. Add the peas and heat through.
More from Slow-Cooked-Recipes
Wouldn't it be great to come home from a hectic day and find dinner waiting for you? Slow cookers are the perfect kitchen appliance during the summer. Here's our top seven tips to slow cooking.Read more