This light creamy soup is the perfect way to welcome St. Patrick's Day and the start of spring!
Don't like asparagus? Substitute with broccoli or zucchini!
- 1 large bunch (about 1 pound) fresh asparagus
- 3 c water or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp vegetable broth powder
- 2 leeks (about 2 c), mostly white parts and some green, sliced thinly
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped small
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 package Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu, pureed to become 3/4 cup by volume
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- Cut 2 inches off bottom of asparagus stalks and peel each stalk about 3 inches up.
- Cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Add all ingredients, except tofu and miso, to a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add tofu and miso to soup and cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Puree the soup in blender until it's smooth. Pass through wire mesh strainer to remove any remaining stalk fiber. Best served with croutons or chopped chives.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 110 | Total Fat: 41g (saturated fat: .6g, polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g) | Total Carbohydrate: 14.7g (dietary fiber: 2.9g, sugars 3.3g) | Protein: 8.8g