The Mayo Clinic offers these tips for better time management. Find more at www.mayoclinic.com/health/time-management.
- Plan each day by keeping a “to do” list.
- Prioritize your tasks to ensure that you spend your time and energy on the truly important ones.
- Take the time you need to do the job right the first time, avoiding lengthy changes later.
- Break large tasks into smaller ones. Work on them a few minutes at a time until you get them all done.
- Practice the 10-minute rule. Give yourself 10 minutes to work on a dreaded task. You might find yourself doing more. If not, you’ve at least made some progress.
- Limit distractions. Close your door and turn off your phone, pager, and email.
“Time Management: Tips to Reduce Stress and Improve Productivity” by Mayo Clinic staff, www.MayoClinic.com, 6/20/12