From Natalie Jill’s 7 Day Jump Start by Natalie Jill ($27.99, Da Capo, 2016)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp raw sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 16 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Mix oregano, sesame seeds, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl to combine; set spice mixture aside.
- Beginning and ending with salmon, thread salmon and folded lemon slices onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Spray fish lightly with oil, and season with salt and reserved spice mixture.
- Lightly dust grill with oil. Place fish on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes total.
Per serving: 272 Calories, 34 g Protein, 3 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 13 g Total fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono, 5 g poly), 152 mg Sodium, Extraordinary source of Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6, B12, Pantothenic acid, Copper, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Selenium, Excellent Source Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Good Source Biotin, Fair source Vitamin C, E, Folate, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Zinc