Try this recipe for your next get-together.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 c butter, divided
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 11/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c dried bread crumbs
- In a medium size saucepan cook cauliflower in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine cauliflower with 2 Tbsp butter, onion, cheese, sour cream, and salt. Spoon into a 11/2 quart casserole.
- Melt remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or till heated through.
For a healthier version, you can substitute low-fat cheddar cheese, use light or fat-free sour cream, use whole wheat bread crumbs, and you can add 1 tsp of wheat germ to the bread crumbs.