Enjoy this light treat after any meal . . . or on its own!
Itsy Bitsy Foodies
Coconut macaroon tart shells:
- 2 c coconut flakes
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Homemade whipped cream
To make the coconut tartlets:
- Combine the coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg whites in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
- Press the coconut mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides to form a thin crust.
- Bake the macaroon tart shells at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the edges are browned. (Be careful not to over bake them.)
- Let them cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack.
- Gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the tart shells from the pan and then remove them from the muffin tins.
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store the macaroon tart shells in a sealed container.
Note: They can be made in advance.
To assemble the tartlets:
- Spoon homemade whipped cream into the coconut macaroons and top each tartlet with desired amount of blueberries. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
Calories: 44 Fat: 2.2 Carbohydrates: 5.9 (Dietary fiber: 0.6 Sugars: 4.4) Sodium: 5.7 Cholesterol: 0 Protein: 0.7