Recipe provided by: Itsy Bitsy Foodies
Coconut macaroon tart shells:
2 cups coconut flakes
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whites
Blueberries, fresh or frozen
Homemade whipped cream
To make the coconut tartlets:
1) Combine the coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg whites in a bowl.
2) Spoon the mixture into greased mini muffin tins.
3) Press the coconut mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides to form a thin crust.
4) Bake the macaroon tart shells at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until the edges are browned. (Be careful not to over bake them.)
5) Let them cool for a couple of minutes on a wire rack.
6) Gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the tart shells from the pan and then remove them from the muffin tins.
7) Let them cool completely on a wire rack.
8) Store the macaroon tart shells in a sealed container.
Note: They can be made in advance.
To assemble the tartlets:
1) Spoon homemade whipped cream into the coconut macaroons and top with roughly 3 blueberries per tartlet. Garnish with toasted coconut if desired.
This recipe makes approximately 25-30 tartlets.
Per Serving(for macaroons): Calories: 44 Fat: 2.2 Carbohydrates: 5.9 (Dietary fiber: 0.6 Sugars: 4.4) Sodium: 5.7 Cholesterol: 0 Protein: 0.7