What You Need
- 5 Granny Smith apples (should be very crisp and tart)
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1/2 c quinoa flakes
- 1/2 c walnuts or almonds (well chopped)
- 1/2 c Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Crumbs
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c or less* melted butter (or substitute with ghee, coconut oil or other light tasting oil)
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well and pour into a baking dish (no need to grease it).
- Shake the pan to distribute the apples well.
- Combine all topping ingredients and mix well. Evenly distribute the topping on the apples and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until apples are tender and bubbly. If topping begins to brown too much, turn the heat down to 325 and cover with foil.