Gluten-Free Valentine’s Day Fudge Sauce
Courtesy of Carol Kicinski of SimplyGluten-Free.com
10 minutes prep time + cooling time | Makes 6 servings
- 1 c water
- ½ c coconut sugar
- ½ c organic raw blue agave nectar (dark agave)
- ¾ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine water, coconut sugar, agave, cocoa powder, and espresso powder (if using) in a heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until smooth. Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Whisk in vanilla and let cool for about an hour. Sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Serve warm or cold.
About the author
Diagnosed with gluten intolerance over 20 years ago, Carol Kicinski has motivated millions to live happy allergen-free lives.
Carol founded Simply . . . Gluten Free, a gluten-free recipe and lifestyle blog and website in 2007. Its purpose is to educate, assist, and inspire those with celiac disease or an intolerance to gluten, dairy, peanut, grain, or other allergenic elements, and to assist those with vegetarian, vegan, and raw preferences. Her fans have made it one of the top gluten-free websites.
Carol's recipe motto is "gluten-free recipes that are not just 'good for gluten-free' but just plain good, period!"
A regular guest chef on television and the author of two cookbooks, Carol has also launched a new magazine called Simply Gluten Free, available at newstands and by subscription.