Taste For Life test kitchen
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- ⅔ c toasted slivered almonds, divided
- ½ c freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3 c packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb whole-grain pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine garlic, 1/3 cup almonds, and Parmesan in a food processor and process until nuts are finely chopped. Add basil. Slowly add olive oil, scraping the sides of the work bowl as needed. Season with pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain, reserving a small amount of cooking water.
- In a serving bowl, toss together pasta and pesto. (Thin pesto with reserved cooking water if necessary.) Garnish with grape tomatoes, remaining almonds, and grated Parmesan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving: Calories: 345 Fat: 14g Carbohydrate: 44.9g (Dietary Fiber: 9.1g Sugars 2.4g) Cholesterol: 0 Sodium: 5.3g