Reprinted with permission from The Medicinal Chef © 2013 Dale Pinnock, Sterling Publishing Inc. Co.
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain bread crumbs*
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets, about 5 oz each
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or brush baking sheet with a light coat of oil.
- Combine ground flaxseeds, bread crumbs, herbs, garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil in a bowl to make topping, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread flaxseed mixture over salmon fillets, flesh side up, and place fillets on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a salad of mixed greens.
*Gluten-free bread crumbs can be substituted for the whole-grain bread crumbs.
410 Calories, 31 g Protein, 10 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 28 g Total fat (5 g sat, 11 g mono, 10 g poly), 665 mg Sodium, Good source of Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), B6, B12, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin C, Pantothenic acid, Magnesium, Biotin, Copper, Manganese, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Folate, Vitamin K, Iron, Potassium, Zinc