Reprinted with permission from The Medicinal Chef
© 2013 Dale Pinnock, Sterling Publishing Inc. Co.
Photograph by Martin Poole
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp whole-grain bread crumbs*
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets, about 5 oz each
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or brush baking sheet with a light coat of oil.
- Combine ground flaxseeds, bread crumbs, herbs, garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil in a bowl to make topping, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Spread flaxseed mixture over salmon fillets, flesh side up, and place fillets on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a salad of mixed greens.
*Gluten-free bread crumbs can be substituted for the whole-grain bread crumbs.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
410 Calories, 31 g Protein, 10 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fiber, 28 g Total fat (5 g sat, 11 g mono, 10 g poly), 665 mg Sodium, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), B6, B12, Phosphorus, Selenium, Vitamin C, Pantothenic acid, Magnesium, Biotin, Copper, Manganese, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Folate, Vitamin K, Iron, Potassium, Zinc