Try this unique dish at your next barbeque!
Number of Servings:
Taste For Life test kitchen
- 1/2 c apricot jam
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp teriyaki or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 11/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 11/2-inch chunks
- Fresh Fruit – plums, nectarines & pineapple work best
- Vegetable oil
- If using wood skewers, soak them for at least 25 minutes.
- Combine first four ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Thread chicken and plums or nectarines alternately on either wood or metal skewers. (Leave a little space between each item.)
- Brush a grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat grill to medium.
- Grill kebabs about 4 inches from heat source. Baste occasionally with apricot sauce and turn skewers as needed until chicken is cooked. (Do not baste skewers during last few minutes of grilling.)