Recipe provided by: Mary's Turkeys
- 10-12lb Mary's Turkey
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced brown onion
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp cracked black pepper
- Marinate the turkey the day before cooking.
- In a bowl, mix together olive oil, garlic, onion, rosemary, thyme, parsley, lemon zest & lemon juice.
- Rinse turkey inside and out with cold water.
Place turkey on roasting rack in a large roasting pan. Rub the entire outside of turkey with marinade. (You can also rub the marinade under the turkey skin if you wish.)
Cover the turkey with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and pour the melted butter over the turkey. Season the turkey with the salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey in the oven and cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees at the thickest part of the thigh using a thermometer.
- Remove the turkey from the oven, tent with foil and let rest 30 minutes before slicing.