Serve this Indian dish with jasmine rice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - diced
- ½ c chopped carrot
- ⅓ c raisins
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp whole cloves
- ¾ c chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- jasmine rice - cooked separately
- Rinse, dry, and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken to lightly brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with carrots, raisins, and shallots.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
- Turn slow cooker to High and cook for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve over jasmine rice.