4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - diced
1/2 c chopped carrot
1/3 c raisins
1 shallot, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 thin slices of fresh ginger root
2 cloves garlic - crushed
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp whole cloves
3/4 c chicken stock
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
salt and pepper
jasmine rice - cooked separately
- Rinse, dry, and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken to lightly brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker and top with carrots, raisins, and shallots.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
- Turn slow cooker to High and cook for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve over jasmine rice.