Natural Vitality Living
- 1 c dried French lentils
- 2 c water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 15-oz cans organic tomato sauce
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 6 medium zucchini, spiralized into pasta*
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Add lentils and water to a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender and liquid is evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1 Tbsp olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic cloves and sauté for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- When lentils are done cooking, add them to the sauce and simmer for an additional 5–10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the zucchini pasta for 5–10 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Divide the pasta among four plates and top with lentil marinara. Serve hot.
* If you don't have a spiralizer just create ribbons by peeling the entire veggie.
Note: Fresh zucchini will often lose moisture as the zucchini pasta cooks, so be sure to drain any liquid that has built up in the pan. The recipe holds well as leftovers, but the zucchini does tend to release extra moisture as it sits; so the pasta should be drained before serving.