Learn more about Chef Anthony Stewart at www.pritikin.com
What You Need for the Salad
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, cored, quartered, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large bunch romaine, shredded
What You Need for the Dressing
- ½ c red wine vinegar
- ½ c orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
What You Do
- For dressing, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk.
- Remove tough asparagus ends, cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces, and blanch.
- Put asparagus, tomatoes, oranges, and romaine in large bowl. Toss gently with dressing, and serve.
Chef A’s Tip: Be creative! Feel free to forge new fusions. Do you prefer balsamic over red wine vinegar? Go for it! Did you just pick up gorgeous strawberries from the market? Use them instead of oranges for this salad. Remember Pritikin Chef Anthony’s mantra: "If you like foods individually, chances are you will love them when they’re combined." It’s all about discovering new taste treats!