Short grain brown rice is a great, slightly chewy substitute for couscous in this Mediterranean classic.
Makes 8 servings | 1 cup per serving.
Gluten Free | Vegan
- 2 c of Lundberg Family Farms Short Grain Brown Rice
- ½ c dried apricots, chopped
- ½ c slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 c chopped parsley
- 1 c chopped cilantro
- ½ c chopped mint
- ½ c chopped green onions
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook Lundberg Short Grain Brown Rice according to package directions. Let sit 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and lime juice.
- Add all ingredients, including the warm rice to the dressing. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritionals: Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 45g