Nutritionist Rania Batayneh, MPH, shares this recipe for a healthy salad that not only tastes great but also promotes superior digestion.
- 1 c peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 papaya, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 c pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 c bean sprouts
- 3/4 c seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 c macadamia nuts
- Combine carrots, papaya, pomegranate seeds, and bean sprouts in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together vinegar, ginger, honey, and sesame oil.
- Toss dressing with dry ingredients.
- Top with macadamia nuts.