From the American Institute for Cancer Research, www.aicr.org
20 minutes prep time | Serves 2
- 1 Tbsp organic mayonnaise
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 2 whole-wheat lavash wraps or flour tortillas
- 2 c washed and dried baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 4 thin slices Swiss, Muenster, or cheddar cheese, or nondairy cheese*
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled and sliced paper-thin
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Lay out both wraps and spread edges of each with this mixture. Leaving a margin free on the side closest to you.
- Arrange a layer of spinach leaves on each wrap. Top each layer with 2 cheese slices. Evenly divide apple slices and lay them lengthwise across cheese.
- Fold over end of wrap closest to you, then two sides. Roll each wrap tightly in foil or waxed paper and refrigerate, seam side down, up to 4 hours.
- Before serving or packing for lunch, unwrap and cut each one in half at an angle.
*If you prefer, substitute 4 thin slices turkey breast.
Per serving: 294 Calories, 17 g Protein, 9 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 22 g Total fat (11 g sat, 6 g mono, 4 g poly), 254 mg Sodium