Recipe courtesy of Carol Kicinski, http://simplygluten-free.com
25 minutes prep time Serves 4 to 6
What You Need:
- 8 oz gluten-free pasta
- 1/4 c fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 c olive oil
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 c baby spinach leaves
- 2 c cooked black beans (or use 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 c red onion (from 1/2 a small red onion), diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Fresh cilantro and limes for garnish, optional
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with hot water.
- Combine lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, honey, and olive oil in a small glass jar. Shake to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add shrimp to pan and cook for about 1 minute per side or until shrimp just start to turn pink.
- Stir in spinach, black beans, onion, and lime dressing. Add pasta, toss to coat well, and heat for another minute or two or until spinach has wilted.
- Stir in tomato. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve with wedges of fresh lime if desired. To eat warm, serve immediately. To serve cold, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (Can be made a day ahead.)