Slow Cooked Curry Chicken
- 4 Boneless and skinless chicken breasts - diced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- jasmine rice - cooked separately
- Rinse, dry, and season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chicken to lightly brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to Slow cooker and top with carrots, raisins and shallots.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, whisk to combine and pour over chicken.
- Turn Slow cooker to High and cook for 3 – 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve over jasmine rice.
More from Slow-Cooked-Recipes
Wouldn't it be great to come home from a hectic day and find dinner waiting for you? Slow cookers are the perfect kitchen appliance during the summer. Here's our top seven tips to slow cooking.Read more