Green Bean, Artichoke & White Bean Salad
Clean Eating for Busy Families by Michelle Dudash, RD ($19.99, Fair Winds Press, 2012)
- 1 c fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 oz) package frozen artichoke heart quarters (about 11/4 c)*
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans (cannellini, navy, or great northern), rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced medium
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 11/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add a pinch of salt and green beans and boil for 4 minutes.
- Add artichokes and continue to boil for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Drain and add vegetables to a bowl of ice water to cool quickly. Drain again.
- Add vegetables and remaining ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and mix well. Chill for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.