Number of Servings:
From the US Highbush Blueberry Council
- 1 loaf (10 3/4 oz) frozen low-fat pound cake
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly or other red fruit jam
- 2 containers (6 oz each) low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Using a serrated knife, cut 14 slices (1/4-inch thick) from the pound cake. Return the remaining cake to the freezer for another use. Spread 7 of the slices with jelly. Top with plain slices. Trim off and discard crusts.
- Using a 11/4-inch star cookie cutter, cut a star from four of the pound cake sandwiches. Set stars aside.
- Cut sandwich trimmings and remaining whole sandwiches into 3/4-inch squares.
- Into four 8-ounce parfait or wine glasses, place half the cake squares, half the blueberries, and 11/2 containers yogurt, dividing equally. Top with the remaining cake squares and blueberries.
- Spoon dollops of the remaining yogurt on top of each parfait. Top each with a star and serve.