Recipe courtesy of Robin Asbell
30 minutes prep time (not including roast time)
1-1/2 lb beef chuck roast
6 Tbsp orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 large chipotle peppers, minced
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt to taste
8 corn taco shells
3 c shredded lettuce
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1-1/2 c Monterey jack cheese, shredded
Green Tabasco sauce, optional
1) Preheat oven to 300º. Trim excess fat from roast.
2) Place a 10-inch square of foil on a baking sheet. Mix together juice concentrate, garlic, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, and salt to taste.
3) Put roast on foil. Cover roast with orange juice mixture. Fold foil up to make a packet that fits loosely. Place on a pie pan or sheet pan.
4) Bake beef for 4 hours, until it shreds when pressed with a fork. Let cool slightly, then shred.
5) Serve warm meat with taco shells, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. Sprinkle green Tabasco sauce on tacos, if desired.